I've just met an American woman here, her name is Valerie and she has lived here for almost 2 years. We went shopping today, and the usual stares I get alone definitely increased with her with me! When we enter shops they think we're tourists, which makes bargaining more difficult. We're planning a joint Canada day/4th of July which will include fireworks, watermelon, hamburgers... anything else?!
Well beer of course! You can't celebrate Canada Day and Independance Day without some brews! (says the girl who drinks San Pelligrino!!!) Glad you found a soulmate! Have a blast!!!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I will be incognito for a while. I finish today and am heading for the woods. I will have access to FB and hotmail but that's it, so you can reach me there! Take care my friend!
Love you!
XXOO
Canada Flags (about 10 more than Valerie has US flags). And a huge photo poster of Stephen Harper. Maple Syrup? Beaver pelts? Puck head?
ReplyDeleteA pic of Harper would be quite good... I'll print one!
ReplyDelete